I know exactly why the caged bird sings...

Monday, April 19, 2010

Donate To Charity (me, lol) *Don Mclean In Concert*

4/30/10 update----> ATTENTION *READ THIS*

IF YOU WANT TO CONTRIBUTE, BUT YOU DONT WANT TO DO IT THROUGH THE "CHIP IN" THING, JUST SEND IT TO MY PAY PAL ACCOUNT

Ladycookieluck@gmail.com




I've never done one of these before. These "Chip-In" Things. So, Im gonna try it out.
And im not one to ask for anything or beg. But.. Im thinking, Maybe someone would come across, And say.. Oh Dear.. I'll donate a dollar to that dear girl =/ Just taking a chance here.

Alright, here's the deal. Im not sure how many of you know that Don Mclean is my favorite singer. Did you know this? He is the greatest of greats, To me anyway. And i've always dreamed of being able to see him in concert and/or meet him. I've contacted him several times, Or tried to anyway, lol I feel like he's gonna end up thinking im a stalker, or a psycho. But im not.

Im just a truly devoted fan of his music.

I just cant even explain to you, What he means to me.

Well anyway.. For the last few years.. I've been searching his tour dates, Just wishing/hoping he would come to my town, OR somewhere near here. But lately he's been doing alot of UK tours. Well... Guess what?

He's going to be playing...
Down the road from me..
DOWN THE ROAD FROM ME.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!?

Now, im not asking for the full amount, But if it could be provided, That would be more than appreciated, Im going to start this month putting back a little, and saving any dime i can to afford a ticket to see him.

And i can either go alone, Or i can bring my Dad, He is a huge fan of Don Mclean too. And i'd much rather bring my Dad with me, Seeing as we never do anything together. It's the chance of a lifetime. And i'd give anything to be able to see him!

If there has ever been a time you wanted to give me something, or help me out in some way, You could now, IF YOU WANT TO. This will be only once i'll ask. And i wont beg, or make myself look anymore stupider than i already to right now...... Anything would help. Even if it's a dollar.

The concert is in September, But... I want to get the best seat possible so i could be close to him, And they are selling out quick. It's okay if i get nothing, But im just gonna take a chance on this. If it fails, it's all good. But.. If you wannnna give somethinggggg... I'll love ya forever!




I really dont expect the full amount from anyone, But i wanted to give you an idea of the full amount for the two tickets. I'll be saving up as much as i can too!!

10 comments:

  1. My favorite Don MacClean song ever was "Starry Starry Night" about Van Gogh's life. I sang it to one of my best friends who was going through a tough time because she found out her grand dad had Alzheimer's (its her favorite song.)

    Plus I just love looking at the stars and listening to that song makes me feel like Im lying down in a meadow of softly scented grass staring up at the stars twinkling in the dark velvet of the night sky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. should be a great concert...tickets are rapidly going//// get a hold of me and you and dad will have a good time...friend from tampa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck.. I'd make a video and get your you tubers involved.. That does sound like a pretty awesome concert I hope you reach your goal

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is an anonymous person that just gave you $25 for it :O Who could it beeeee?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to make sure you got my donation; hope you love the concert and enjoy spending time with your dad :) BTW, Im the same person from the first comment and the one who commented on your "dream" post-- just so you know lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charity, do you have paypal? Just let me know on my myspace if thats better for you-- its

    http://www.myspace.com/_-_-_super-man_-_-_

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got confused because I tried to do it from my paypal manually and I found two paypal email addresses for you-- an @aol account and an @gmail account. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. oops my bad, let me fix it.. did it not go through or something??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here ya go, hope this helps a little! I'll moniter the payment over the next couple days to make sure it goes through...it's the least I could do for all of your entertaining! =)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Charity,