I know exactly why the caged bird sings...

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Rest in Peace my lil Katie Girl

I just don't understand life. I really don't. I'm hurting tonight and I have absolutely nobody to talk to about it. So as usual, I share my thoughts with the world. I doubt anybody reads this stuff anymore.. But it doesn't even matter if your reading or not. I'm about to share something anyway.

11 years ago, when I was 16 years old and I befriended one of the craziest girls I have ever known. I can remember the first time we ever met. She came to visit and got saved in the living room of our double wide trailer and then we went to church that night.

I remember buying her a rose the first time we met. I just loved her so much. She was unlike any other girl I had ever spoken to. Always full of life and adventure. There was never a dull moment in her life. I remember just a few months ago she called, and she talked my head off. She could literally talk for hours non stop. And she went on and on about how glamorous she was.. No matter how bad her life was she never let anybody ever rain on her parade. Not even herself.

The last time we talked was this passed Tuesday. And I wish I had known then what I know right now. She was hurting more than I will ever know, and I treated that last phone call as If it was just any other day. I had never really heard her cry before but that phone call, was bitter sweet. She was crying and telling me how upside down her life was. And I figured it was just another crazy day in the life of Katie. I didn't even take her serious.

Today I found out at yesterday morning she passed away. I'm not 100% sure but I think she may have overdosed. I'm still waiting to hear from family members for additional information.

Once again, I've lost yet another friend in a tragic way.  And once again I am reminded of how precious life is. How fragile our days here are. I wish I could go back to Tuesday, I wish I could have listened more and loved more and I wish I had tried to help her. 

I know I can't go back and what's done is done. But if I could I would do things differently.

I would have stayed up with you all night, had I known how to save a life.

Katie Bear, you may be gone. But you most definitely will never be forgotten.
I'll never forget our first phone call or our last. And all of memories in between, the good and the bad and the ugly.. I'll miss you, forever.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=cjVQ36NhbMk


4 comments:

Dear Charity,