I know exactly why the caged bird sings...

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Dear Momma, You are appreciated.

I think people *cough* children under estimate the job of the MOTHER. I think we over look every thing our Mother's have done, and everything that our Mother's do. On a daily basis. For other's, For themselves, For us. We dont give our Mother's enough credit.... I learned a HUGE lesson since Mom fell and hurt her self, and im thankful for it.....

I blogged about this when it happened, and then my Mom let me know she didnt want anyone to know what happened, she was a bit embarassed, but we've realized it was an accident, she wasnt feeling well, and accidents happen, every day of life...

I've gotten a new outlook on life, since she fell..

I've learned so many things, and it's strange to say, sad to say, But i think God allowed her to get hurt for a reason, and im very thankful for this experience. I really wish the rest of my family, would have learned something from it as well.... Unfortunetly, they have not. But maybe God allowed it, just to teach me something........



Every single day of life....
Mom loads the dish washer, She unloads the dishwasher, Mom washes the dishes, Mom sweeps the floor, Mom folds the clothes, She loads the washer, Unloads the washer, Loads the dryer........ While I.... Sit back and let her. I figure, well why not? She's doing it, so...... Really i dont have to..... Mom does this, and this, and this, and that, and i sit back, and let her.... Why shouldnt i? She's doing it, so really.. I dont have to.



Well that's not true............................

For over a year now, Since September 26th when Aunt Lizzy died, My Mother has taken care of my Grandfather, While taking care of her family, and her own parents... My Mom does alot. Untill Grandpa was placed into the assisted living home, My Mother took care of Grandpa every day of life.. Through sickness, and good day's, and bad.. Cooking and cleaning, scrubbing the floor, taking him places, doing his laundry, his grocery shopping, and so much more.......... Taking him to Doctor/Dentist appointments, as well as her own Father... Mom does SO much, while i've been by her side the whole time, but not nearly putting the effort into everything as she has.


Mom's do so much for us.. Every day.
And us little brats take advantage of it.
Maybe we feel... It's OUR MOM's job...........
Well i feel that way sometimes...


After Mom fell, she was in bed for day's, couldnt eat, couldnt do much, she was in pain.. And this seriously killed me.... We're not really the kind to get hurt, we've never broken any bones, i've never even been in a hospital before, for any reason. Doctor's visit's yes, but i've never needed to be hospitalized, neither has she, except from having her 5 children. This was Mom's first time ever having stitches =/  I felt so bad for her.


So.... I took over everything.. The cleaning, The laundry, The dishes, and i even finished up the rest of the Christmas shopping... And wrapping, and putting away everything, and cleaning up the house getting it ready for Christmas day...... Normally i would let Mom go ahead and do that... But this time i had to. And i wanted to.... For her... Not to mention, right after Christmas having my Brother's 3 kids over here, I did whatever i could to keep up with them as well so Mom wouldnt have to deal with the stress of it.


I've learned, i cannot depend on my Mom for everything. I've learned that accidents happen every minute of every day, and it's something we cannot control, we cannot prevent, we cannot stop, we cannot help, it's something that just happens.


I've learned, We're not promised tomorrow, She isnt promised tomorrow, Im not promised tomorrow...

And i've learned i need to stop being so selfish. I need to stop being so lazy. I need to take responsibility, and go out of my way to do for my Mother, because she does everything for me. She always has.
She gave birth to me, raised me, and has done everything in this world to keep me healthy, happy, safe, and content. And................ I need to show her a little more respect. And treat her the way she deserves to be treated, with respect, like a queen, and like my one & only Mother <3 You only have on Mom (or sometimes two) Treat her/them right...... She wont always be there for you. She cant always protect you. She cant always do EVERYTHING for you.


I praise God for protecting her, things could have been worse. And i praise God for the lesson, and the opportunity, to learn something that i didnt even know... After all this time, im 24 years old, and i never realized what i realize now.......... And im glad i do now......


Now Momma, if you read this.. Which im sure you will.. I aint saying for sure im never going to let you wash the dishes, or unload that dishwasher :) Im just saying.... I know more now than i did before. The Lord has opened my eyes to so much... And im 100% more greatful and 100% more appreciative, and from now on, Im going to try more than anything, to be a better daughter, for you...



I'll make a long story short: Sunday Night, Last sunday December 19th at around 1 in the morning, Mom was outside letting Tuffy do her thang, and she lost her balance, and fell on the cement patio in our back yard. She hit her knee's, scraped and bruised them. And then fell on her face.... The front of her nose was scraped off, she had a black eye, and her forhead was all scraped up, brusies around her chin, and the entire inside of her bottom lip was busted open, about an inch wide. I had just walked in, and left the door open, i thought she was coming in right behind me, i went up stairs and went to bed... So that showed me how quickly something can happen..... My Brother called me to come down stairs because Mom needed Me... It shook me up pretty badly, scared me, but showed me how easily something bad can happen. But praise God that the Lord protected her, it could have been 10 times worse. She had to go to the emergency room the next morning, and get her mouth stitched up, and for days after that she was in pain, couldnt eat, and couldnt barely talk, But i kept the Jell-o going :) And the soup......................... It was a sad situation, but she's doing great now. He face has cleared up, i took her yesterday to get her stitches out, and everything is, as it was.

Thank God!

4 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh.Thank you so much for sharing. I was trying not to cry cause I just washed and mosturized my face but I've been feeling the exact way about my mom. I just watch her do everything and don't even think about helping. Man I am SO selfish. You do just get into the mentality of well they're gonna do it anyway so they might as well, but we need to get up and just start to help. They're NEVER gonna ask us, so we need to step up. Im 21 and lately I can see that my mom is getting more worn out. She worries alot because we have family back home (in my country) and my older brother(24yrs) is in the army. Man God totally used you tonight. I refuse not do anything anymore. I WILL do more. I will NOT see my mother get sick from stress, worry, or just from being exhausted. Thank you Charity for opening up your heart. I wish I was that brave. Give your mama a huge and kiss for me and tell her I will say a special prayer for her and my mom. Also let her know she raised a great daughter/family and you guys are so blessed to have her. Thank you thank you thank you again for opening up and sharing. God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOUR SO RIGHT! They are never going to ask us... My Mom rarely does.. And when she does, im not going to lie, im not very nice about it.. Im usually like, ugggh yeah okay sure.... I've gotten a little used to not doing anything! ...And im not saying im spoiled, cause im not. Im just saying i have a great Mom :) :)

    You are so welcome by the way!!!!! And i want to thank YOU very much for posting your comment. Everything you said encouraged me even more!

    You know.. It really wouldnt hurt us, to do for our Mom's... Even if it's little things... Here and there.. Something thoughtful. Like unloading and reloading the dishwasher, before she even thinks about it, and then her being surprised to see it's done. And also..... It helps us be a little more active, and burn a few calories here & there :) :) (not that we need to!!!! but it's good to do sometimes) =D

    ((hug))

    Your Mom also obviously raised a great daughter, because honestly... I didnt think i'd get a responce from any young girls on this post :) :) So you are proof that there is still good people out there who loves their family <3


    There is so many things we can do every day, little things that will make a huge difference... Thanks again <3 <3 God bless you!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom.
    I'll keep her in my prayers.
    And I hope she starting to feel a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew !
    My Mom did and does do a lot, just like yours. And no one is promised tomorrow, very true. Had a lot of family losses nearly back to back.
    Reminds me of when my Mom had a hysterectomy while I was still in elementary school. I missed school some days because I was the only one there to take care of her.
    Plus, she had been there for me when I was younger and had to have open heart surgery for a genetic heart condition. I have experienced the healing touch of God after years of suffering with what mimicked Crohn's Disease. Well, I will close now.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Charity,