I know exactly why the caged bird sings...

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Psalm 119 (i read it!) Whew! :)

Wow it took me 13 minutes to read the entire chapter of Psalm 119

What i said in my last entry about Psalm being the longest book in the Bible, I only knew that because the Mike Murdock Preacher on Tv had said so.. And when i had written that chapter down to read it- That fun fact stuck with me.

So as i started reading Psalm 119, I didnt know it, But on the side there was this big thing written about Psalm 119. I thought i would share it with you, If your considering reading it.

*THE LONGEST PSALM*

Psalm 119 is not only the longest psalm, It's also the longest chapter in the Bible!

It is a long poem about the beauty and the value of Gods word.

The book of Psalms was written first in the hebrew language.

The first stanza, or paragraph, of Psalm 119 begins with the first letter of the Hebrew alphabet.

The second stanza begins with the second letter and so on.

Since there are 22 letters, there are 22 stanzas.

In the times of the Old Testament people didn't always have psalms written down, So using the alphabet helped them to remember the psalm, kind of like an alphabet song helps kids remember the alphabet.

We dont know for certain who wrote Psalm 119, But some experts think the prophet Ezra may have written it.

F.Y.I: Incase you didnt know- A stanza is typically referred to as a "verse".
I didnt know it either, So i looked it up, lol... I thought i'd share that just incase you were wondering like i was :)

3 comments:

  1. spank-gina, its me amber renae. hey whos that talking. i'm crazy be afraid for real i will skin your fetus!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. furyowalls.blogspot.com


    fuck your virgin hole

    ReplyDelete
  3. i put nude (taupe) lipstick on my labia


    and anal flaps

    ReplyDelete

Dear Charity,